What a Year!Before the pandemic emerged in the United States we knew that living in the Vail Valley was special and unique. Our four-season valley thrives on recreation, adventure, and community.
2018 Year End Market Analysis
Dated: February 18 2019
Eagle County real estate surpassed the $2.2B mark for the second consecutive year ending the year with $2,233,681,286 in total dollar volume. This sales volume was achieved over 2,094 transactions. These total numbers are about even with 2017 numbers at 98% and 97% respectively
A look at 2018, by the numbers:
- $291,298,750 Total dollar volume for Town of Vail, the highest dollar volume of any area
- 201 Total number of new unit sales
- 313 Total number of transactions in Eagle; the highest of any area
- 142 More homes sold between $500,000 - $1,000,000 than the under $500,000 category
- 183 Total number of commercial transactions, the most since we started tracking in 2008
- $14,000,000 Highest commercial sale, retail space at Vail Das Shone, Vail
- $1,184,903 The average sales price of a residential homes in Eagle County
- 18% The overall increase in average sales price of multifamily/duplex home sales throughout Eagle County in 2018
- 27% Percentage of Eagle County sales are from out of state home buyers
- 130 Highest number of home sales from out-of-state buyers, Texas
- 72 Second highest number of home sales from out-of-state buyers, Florida
- $23,000,000 Highest priced residential sale, one home on Rockledge Road and one on Beaver Dam Road in Vail
- $3,095 Highest price per sq. ft., home in Solaris, Vail
- 2,507 Summit County's total number of transactions, the highest of any mountain resort area
- $4,149,521 Average sales price of a single family home in Pitkin County
- 175+ Years of combined experience at Land Title-Eagle County
Also included in this Market Analysis is the Mountain Report showing real estate statistics for Eagle, Garfield, Grand, Pitkin, Routt, San Miguel and Summit Counties.
Click the link below to access this months complete Market Analysis.
Year End 2018 Market Analysis
*From our friends at Land Title Guarantee Company
Mark grew up in Baltimore, MD and moved to the Vail Valley in 1992. He didn’t wait long after moving here to open what is now one of the most successful ski shops in the valley, Venture Sports. Seve....
Latest Blog Posts
- Vacant Through the Holiday Weekend -Don't Miss Your Opportunity to See This Beautifully Remodeled Townhome in Sandstone Call Tiffany M. (970) 390-9818 or Mark W. (970) 376-3204 to Schedule a
- Showing Window Dec. 28th & Dec. 29th -Beautifully Remodeled Residence in Sandstone Call Tiffany M. (970) 390-9818 or Mark W. (970) 376-3204 to Schedule a Showing Before Wednesday!Click Here